Thursday, November 5, 2009

WALK ON WATER.

Oh man, this is so so good. Coming out of absolutely nowhere are Think About Life with what is easily one of the most amazing singles of the year in "Havin' My Baby". It's like a fucking spiritual awakening, all the best parts of TV On The Radio and the chipmunk soul of Graduation-era Kanye West, thanks to frontman Martin Cesar's urgent falsetto and the best use of a sample in indie pop since Mike Angelakos first hooked the world with that infectious Mary O'Hara sample in "Sleepyhead". Seriously, this shit is so good it hurts. HAVIN MA BABIE.

MP3: "Havin' My Baby" - Think About Life

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sample has been stuck in my head for the last four hours, but i'm kind of okay with it

ryanparker said...

About time the US heard about Think About Life.

Neon Gold said...

thank you, Ryan and Anonymous. frankly, I'm outraged their aren't at least 5,000 comments on this post testifying to the greatness of this song.

Lindsay said...

its goods its goods its gooooooooodsssssssssssssssssssssssssss ok. there. xoxo.

Adrian Zgeb said...

Best band in Montreal. I hope they get huge. If they ever come to your town do yourself a favour.

Anonymous said...

This song was on the June monthly cd that i make for my friends. Can I work for you guys now?

unaryunns said...

^ lolol wtf?

Radio Bastos said...

Great to see Think About Life blowing up on my favourite blog. My friend has been pimping them hard to me all year as his best friend is in the band. It was only after getting into them that I realised the third member (Graham) is the dude from Miracle Fortress - easily one of the best albums of 2007. If you haven't heard it already you will dig it 1000%; the closest thing I've heard to Pet Sounds since, er, well, Pet Sounds.

Alex Drake said...

This is song is incredible!!! Thank You Neon Gold!
Every time it comes on it makes me feel happy!

Thomas said...

I had this song stuck in my head and thanks to this I was able to identify it, thanks!