Friday, January 22, 2010

AND MY BODY GOES.

"Starry Eyed" first lit up the blogs last spring in its original demo form, but now it's back with a new makeover for 2010 as Ellie Goulding gears up to release it as her debut single proper on Polydor next month. With a few tweaks here and there and a glossy new paint job from Starsmith, the track is bigger than ever and we're breathless in anticipation of the havoc it's sure to wreak on the charts when it drops February 22nd. The single is already pretty much the total package, but sweetening the deal considerably is an amazing new OneInThree-directed video for the single (viewable in all it's next level glory above), as well as a flurry of shit hot remixes supporting the release, the first of which we've got for you here today.

Proving once again why he's the most underrated remixer in the game, Russ Chimes comes through with his finest effort to date on what's sure to go down as one of 2010's biggest club tracks. Russ first sent this through to us last spring when the demo first surfaced, and nearly a full year on it still hasn't lost any of its luster, consistently slaying us with its unrelenting house piano brilliance and that massive drop that never ceases to send us into paralytic shock with its sheer immensity. Seriously people, get ready to hear this on the regular in every club west of the iron curtain this year, Russ Chimes just owned 2010.

MP3: "Starry Eyed" (Russ Chimes Remix) - Ellie Goulding [exclusive]

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooooo goood.

Anonymous said...

HOLY SHIT.

Breaking More Waves Blog said...

Discotastic ! Love the old school piano breakdown.

joyfulinternecion said...

Definitely feeling the original more.

Michelle said...

F'ing Killer!!! All the hype was well deserved!

Anonymous said...

damn thats a good remix! but it dosen't knock me unconscious like fear of tigers mille remix. oh just got to repeat... i'll change my mind to russ chimes YOU ARE FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!! HOLY SHIT I'M THINK I'M GOING TO DIE IF I DON'T GET TO PLAY THIS ON EVERY HOUSEPARY I GO TO THIS YEAR!!!

Anonymous said...

the video is horrible... bah.

Anonymous said...

'he's the most underrated remixer in the game'.

Thats not very nice and untrue.

Anonymous said...

SHIT! i accualy couldn't walk straight after hearing it with my Koss headphones!

deedee said...

Neon, I have loved Ellie like my firstborn since you debuted her last year and I love the video but I am not feeling the new mix at all. Her vocals sound less polished than they did on the demo. Sorry if I sound like a hater :(

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna let this grow on me after cause right now I sort of agree with joyfulinternecion. I feel like the new master of this track is closer to the Jakwob remix than to the original. The new version of this single is good its just a different song. thoughts?

sahil said...

Wow this has come a long way since that first demo....Really like the new mix, sounds big!

The Hamiltonian said...

Russ Chimes is heroic once again. Few others are as consistently epic.

xolondon said...

That bit at minute 3 whips me into a maniacal frenzy. A gorge sonic assault.

Bircham said...

sickkkkkkkk!

kookyknut said...

made me forget that I have a hangover... some serious chair-dancing going on in the office.

Anonymous said...

The remix of Monsieur Adi is also very good :
http://www.myspace.com/elliegoulding

Unknown said...

Top notch remix!