Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES.

The Sound of Arrows are a new breed of pop superstars. With a 100% D.I.Y. aesthetic to their craft, they write and produce their own tracks, handle all of their own design work and even craft their own music videos, and they do all of it pretty fucking masterfully. Popjustice put it rather well in describing the Swedish duo as "one of those bands who'd surprise precisely nobody by coming out with an international Number One pop single" after they unleashed their flagship anthem "M.A.G.I.C." on the world last January, and now they're primed to release their US/UK debut on Neon Gold this autumn. More details on that to come, but for now feast your eyes and ears on "M.A.G.I.C." and it's dazzling accompanying promo video above.

MP3: "M.A.G.I.C." - The Sound of Arrows

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never loved and hated a song at the same time as thoroughly as this one since you released SleepyHead. The true test comes this Friday when I get black out and blaze this bad boy over a glass of a vodka diet coke. I am sure the love will take over as per usual.

Anonymous said...

this is amaze-o! sounds like a swedish version of the Go Team

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend their new single "Into the Clouds" - it's bloody marvelous!

Kat x

Anonymous said...

I can't wait til they get sued by the Walt Disney Company!

Neon Gold said...

well Kat, that is indeed the single we'll be putting out. so I'd have to say we highly recommend it as well.

Anonymous said...

Good god the song and video are epic. Good god.

http://vimeo.com/6034355

Anonymous said...

wow they look like a 2009 version of vanilla ice. this video matches perfectly with your neon colors. congrats on such a great track!!!

Anonymous said...

Not Magic but Into the clouds. looks like they made it with neon in mind.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, very good choice NG. Looking forward to getting my hands on it. And some more Penguin Prison (I've listened to "Animal, Animal" at least three times a day for the past four months - i love it!).

You just need to get Egyptian Hip Hop's "Heavenly" out on a lovely 45 record now and it'll complete my year :)

Kat x

Nicky said...

I know I haven't commented in a while now, but this. is. great. totally, totally awesome.

you guys are killing it neon gold. continually impressed with what you're able to do man. extremely jealous

Nicky said...

... and just listened to Into the Clouds-- even better. mark me down for a preorder

Anonymous said...

This song makes me feel happier than any other song I've heard before. I don't know why.

Two questions:

a) Once the single hits, will Sound of Arrows be coming States-side?
b) Is the single coming with a B-side? Or is it M.A.G.I.C. or what?

I love this blog, by the way.

-Alex

Hathor & Nyx said...

That's a lot of Fantasia right there.
love it.
I personally love the track 'Danger!'
and
The Sound of Arrows remix of Jamie Long's 'Years'

can't wait for the album :D

Neon Gold said...

more details to come when we properly announce it in the coming weeks...